Walnut and Cherry Brownies
Cherries add to the flavour and texture of these gorgeous brownies.
- 30g coconut oil melted
- 150g 70% dark chocolate
- 100g plain flour
- 25g cacao
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Good pinch sea salt
- 100g brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- 50g walnuts
- 1/2 cup cherries
Preheat oven to 350° F/Gas mark 4.
- Melt the coconut oil in a saucepan on a very low heat then add the chocolate, stir a few times to combine.
- When melted, turn off the heat.
- Sift the flour into a large bowl then add in the baking powder, cacao and salt. Stir to combine.
- Add the sugar, eggs and vanilla paste to the pan of chocolate and oil. Stir in carefully then transfer to the bowl of dry ingredients.
- Gently mix to combine then add in the walnuts and cherries.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper then add the mix. Press down into the sides.
- Bake for 18 minutes. Allow to cool a little before serving.
The HBE Team
Experiment with other types of dried fruit to replace the cherries