Oat & Raisin Cookies
With white chocolate drops and cinnamon, these cookies are ridiculously moreish .
- 75g raisins
- 150ml vegetable oil
- 75g golden caster sugar
- 1 medium egg, beaten
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 100g wholemeal flour
- 50ml milk
- Pinch of sea Salt
- 50g white chocolate drops
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 150g medium oatmeal
- Heat your oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4 and line 2 baking trays with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl mix together the oil and sugar, gradually beat in the egg, then add in the cinnamon, vanilla extract and milk.
- Sift the flour, bicarbonate of soda and a pinch of salt into the bowl, then add the oats and raisins.
- Spoon heaped tablespoonss of the dough onto a large baking tray. (I made 12 cookies from this recipe).
- Bake for 15 mins until golden.
- Allow to cool.
Nothing quite beats these cookies for taste and indulgence
Try substituting raisins with dates and adding a little desiccated coconut for a twist