Mixed Fruit Whole Grain Muffins
These muffins use wholemeal flour and oats (complex carbohydrates) meaning more dietary fibre, vitamins and minerals.
- 2 large eggs
- 120g natural yogurt
- 2 tbsp coconut oil (melted) or vegetable oil
- 2 large bananas (ripe, mashed)
- 4 tablespoons honey or maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 100g plain flour
- 100g wholemeal flour
- 50g rolled oats
- Preheat the oven to 180c / 350f and line a 12 hole muffin tin with cases.
- In a large bowl mix together the eggs, yogurt, coconut oil, mashed banana, honey and vanilla extract.
- Add all the dry ingredients to a large bowl and mix to combine.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until everything is combined.
- Divide the mixture between the 12 muffin cases. Top with extra oats and seeds.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
With fresh bananas and wholemeal flour, these muffins are not only delicious, but also well nutritionally balanced
If you're feeling indulgent, cover the muffins with some buttercream or icing