Grain Free Chocolate Almond Cake
A wheat free delight for chocolate lovers, cake connoisseurs ... and anyone else really
- A little melted unsalted butter, for greasing the tin
- 250g dark chocolate, chopped
- 180g unsalted butter
- 100g vanilla sugar
- 100g caster sugar
- 4 medium eggs, beaten
- 125g ground almonds
- Preheat the oven to 160C/325F/Gas 3.
- Grease the sides of a 23cm/9in diameter cake tin (or spring-form tin) and line the bottom with greaseproof paper.
- Add the chocolate, butter and sugars in a bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water. Do not allow the bottom of the bowl to touch the water. Stir until smooth.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool. Beat in the eggs, add in the ground almonds.
- Spoon the mixture into the cake tin and bake for about 50 minutes, until the centre is just set. Allow to cool in the tin.
- Try with your fruit of choice.
Great for those on wheat-free diets. Serve with your fruit of choice to really offset the rich chocolate and almond taste
If you can get quality dark chocolate above 70%, you'll appreciate the difference.