Date & Walnut Cake
A rich and moist cake with a nutty bite
- walnut halves
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, fan 160°C, gas 4.
- In a bowl beat together the butter, vanilla sugar and vanilla essence. Add the milk and mix to combine.
- Add chopped walnuts, egg and flour, and mix together.
- Spoon into a greased, greaseproof-lined 900g loaf tin. Bake for approximately 45 minutes
- Leave to cool for at least 10–15 minutes before turning out. Cool on a wire tray.
- Drizzle with honey and top with walnuts
Walnuts are high in omega 3 and contain several unique antioxidants
Perfect with a cup of filter coffee or tea