Oat and Raisin Cookies
Perfect for afternoon tea.... or after dinner, or after lunch or, well, any time really....
- 70g unsalted butter
- 150g Caster sugar
- 1 medium free-range egg
- 100g self-raising flour - can be gluten free
- 1 tsp Vanilla essence
- 110g ground almonds
- 100ml semi-skimmed milk
- 100g icing sugar, sifted
- 75g unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp semi-skimmed milk
- 40g white chocolate drops, melted
- 15g toasted flaked almonds
- 8 paper cake cases
For the icing
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, fan 160°C, gas 4.
- Add the butter and sugar to a large bowl and beat until pale and fluffy. Whisk in the egg.
- In another bowl, combine the flour and almonds. Mix in the milk and add to the butter and sugar mixture. Spoon into 8 cupcake cases then bake for 20 minutes. Leave to cool.
- To make the icing;
- Mix the butter with the icing sugar until creamy. Add the milk and melted chocolate. Top the cupcakes with the icing. Sprinkle some toasted almonds.
An all time favourite. Great for entertaining
Use your imagination to decorate these lovely cupcakes/blockquote]